Hyper Local News Pages

Web Stats Provided By Google Analytics

Monday, May 24, 2010

05/24/10 MORE GREENWICH ELECTION NEWS: Hale McSharry for GHS Sophomore Class President (Re-election)

facebook
Hale McSharry
Hale McSharryMay 24, 2010 at 5:43pm
Subject: Election Day is almost here!
Hello everyone,

We're closing in on the big day once again! This Wednesday, May 26th, the Block 3 classes of current Freshmen will be invited to attend an assembly in the Gymnasium. This assembly will be similar in format to the assembly that took place last October, for the Freshman Class Officers. Attendees will hear speeches from each of the candidates for each of the class office positions. I assure you, this time there will be plenty of competition for every candidate!

Voting will be taking place on Thursday, May 27th*. The voting table is located at the security table in the Student Center, underneath the large block schedule, television monitor, and red marquee sign. This time, voting will open at 7:00 AM on Thursday morning, and will close at the end of Fourth Lunch (1:12 PM.) Please bring your Student ID to the table to confirm your identity when you vote. Another form of ID may be accepted. If you somehow forget your ID, don't lose hope; you may still be allowed to vote at the polls. Give it a try?

Student government is an essential part of any school environment. Your vote is meaningful and valued. It doesn't matter who you vote for, but all of us involved in the student government appreciate your participation greatly.

I'd like to thank you once again for your support. You may have seen a poster of mine around the school recently? I also wore a one-of-a-kind "Hale McSharry for GHS Sophomore Class President" this past Friday, (and I plan to wear it again soon!) I'd like to thank my good friend Maria Jannace for her help with creating the latest fantastic logo.

I'm preparing to deliver my speech this Wednesday. What can you expect me to speak about? I decided it wouldn't be necessary for me to recite a list of my qualifications all over again, or talk about "Swine Flu" or trash in the Student Center, (which is still an issue, mind you.) Instead, I've included some insight into what I've been doing with the other class officers since November. I also plan to speak on the role of a class president in relation to the school and local administration. I realize that this is an area of confusion in the school and I hope I can shed some light on the subject in my presentation, and possibly in another term.

Let's see, anything else I can bring up? If anything changes or anything new is released, I'll do my best to tell all of you. Also, keep paying attention to the Official Greenwich High School Class of 2013 Facebook page for more news.

Thanks again,

Hale McSharry
GHS Freshman Class President

*Going on the Steinhorn/Schopick field trip to the United Nations this Thursday? Talk to Mrs. Steinhorn after the assembly on Wednesday. You will be able to cast your vote in the election.

P.S. Interested in volunteering at a Class of 2013 CAR WASH sometime in the next few weeks? Shoot us an e-mail at 2013ghs@gmail.com


Please send your comments, news tips and press releases to GreenwichRoundup@gmail.com

No comments:

The Raw Greenwich Blog And RSS Feed - Bloggers Who Are From, Work In Or Used To Live In Greenwich