Board Of Education's Boy
Broken glass needs to be repaired, as well as cracks in some of the floor-level surfaces that must be patched. The secondary drainage system is not functioning properly. And there are concerns about the amount of back-up power for the emergency lighting system.
In addition, crews mistakenly installed the building's thermostats too high to be in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Yet another difficulty: The facility's heating, ventilation and air conditioning system isn't providing enough airflow to parts of the building for reasons that continue to elude members of the school's building committee.
Though relatively easy to fix, these issues are keeping the building from receiving a temporary certificate of occupancy from the town's Buildings Department, according to Michael Bodson, the school board's liason with the school's building committee.....
- Glenville and Hamilton Avenue Parents who have to watch their children suffer year after year.
- BET and RTM members who are tired of shelling out millions on Frank Mazza's Building committee.
- Town Of Greenwich Building Department Officials.
- Independent construction managers and building ventilation experts
- The single family homeowners who's tax bill goes up every year.
- Etc, Etc, Etc,.....
This unsolved three month old problem that continues to shut down Hamilton Avenue School is only reported as a "minor problem", because Michael Bodson, the school board's liaison with the school's building committee is leading Colin Gustafson around with a nose ring.
Michael Bodson: "Say Mooooo Colin."
Colin Gustafson: "MOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"
Michael Bodson: "That's My Little Hieffer."
Please send your comments and any reports of seeing Michael Bodson leading Greenwich Time reporter Colin Gustafson around with a nose ring to GreenwichRoundup@gmail.com