The Whitby School in Greenwich remained under a boil water advisory Tuesday following Tropical Storm Irene.
The state Department of Public Health issued the advisory because the school's well system may have been compromised in the wake of Tropical Storm Irene on August 28th.
Following significant storms contaminated groundwater can flow into a well.
The state health department issued similar advisories for more than 90 public water sites statewide in the immediate aftermath of the storm.
The advisory will remain in effect until the school receives test results showing the water is not contaminated.
Signs warning of the advisory are posted at the school.
=====================================
Please send your comments, news tips and press releases to GreenwichRoundup@gmail.com
"The Lottery Doctor Is In"
-
By Jerry Zezima
If I ever won the lottery, I’d never collect the money. That’s because I
would drop dead from shock. Then my wife would be a rich widow.
...
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment