Hyper Local News Pages

Web Stats Provided By Google Analytics

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

09/20/11 Shame, Shame, Shame On Greenwich Town Clerk Carmella C. Budkins For Refusing To Debate - Greenwich Taxpayers Deserves Better Than This


HOW ARROGANT!

GREENWICH VOTERS ARE NOT AMUSED:

Town Clerk Carmella C. Budkins cannot commit 45 minutes to a debate held by a bipartisan committee, even though they proposed a few different dates.

Greenwich Roundup's question to Ms. Budkins is:

If you cannot commit 45 minutes to a debate to inform the voters of Greenwich what ideas you have for the office, then how will you be able to commit two years of work to the town of Greenwich and the citizens that elected you into office?

======================================

JUST WHAT IS CARMELLA HIDING FROM
GREENWICH VOTERS?

NOW LETS HERE FROM THE TOWN CLERK WHO IS NOT AFRAID TO STAND AND DELIVER TO THE TAXPAYERS OF GREENWICH


For Immediate Press Release: Stephen Ng's Candidacy For Town Clerk


PHOTO: Representative Town Meeting member Steve Ng who is the Democratic challenger for the position of Greenwich Town Clerk


I am the Democratic candidate for Town Clerk.

I reside in Cos Cob and I am a member of the RTM.

I was born in Brooklyn, NY and moved to Greenwich at the age of thirteen as my parents highly valued the
prospect of greater educational opportunities. I am a 2003 graduate of
Greenwich High School and went on to study Psychology and Political Science at the State University of New York at Stony Brook. I began my undergraduate tenure in pursuit of a pre-medical course of study, but in my junior year developed a keen interest in becoming more civically engaged.

I applied for an congressional internship with Congressman
Jim Himes shortly thereafter and during that experience I fell in love
with politics and became deeply committed to the preservation and
advancement of the democratic process. Beyond my service contribution
to Congressman Himes, I have since worked on various campaigns, during
these campaigns I availed countless opportunities in which I merged
theoretical concepts taught by my undergraduate professors with real
life applications. Most profoundly, I learned firsthand that
"democracy is not a spectator sport."

My vision for the Office of Town Clerk is simple and can be summed up
by my slogan "New Vision. New Direction." Together, we must embrace
the changes necessary to ensure effective, fiscally conservative,
governance in the 21st century. Neighboring Town Clerks are leading
the charge with innovations, such as citizen friendly websites which
allow constituents to make full use of the services their local
government has to offer in an easily accessible, convenient way.
Technology is coming fast, and we can not deny this. If elected I
promise to make initiatives such as this and others, my utmost
priorities. I intend to implement a new system called the "New
Vision." Town Clerks in Stamford and Norwalk already have this system
in place, the Norwalk Town Clerk estimates that it save $40,000 to
$60,000 per year. With this cost effective system, advancing the
technological infrastructure of Greenwich and digitizing Greenwich
Town record will be easy, and secure.

8a.m. to 4p.m is not a very convenient schedule for working people,
especially ones who make the long commute into NYC, as your next town
clerk I will improve accessibility to local government by extending
office hours, in compliance to the Greenwich Union rules, and will
introduce the Mobile Town Clerks office which will bring services
directly to citizens.

I believe the citizens should put partisan politics aside and vote for
the person with the best ideas for the future of Greenwich, not for
the "most popular" candidate or someone who has done a good job, but
doesn't necessarily have the ideas to move Greenwich forward into the
21st century. As I already mentioned, technology is coming fast and we
can not deny it, as your next town clerk, it would be an honor to be
the one that lays down this technological foundation for the future of
this great town.

Unfortunately, the incumbent will not be able to debate me, which will
not allow her to discuss where she thinks the office will be headed in
the next 6 years.

Please feel free to email me with any question about
my candidacy at: StephenEngee@gmail.com

=============================================

COME ON CARMELLA YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE SO SCARED

Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you're scared.
- Eddie Rickenbacker

You must do the things you think you cannot do.
- Eleanor Roosevelt

The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek.
- Joseph Campbell

The best way to gain self-confidence is to do what you are afraid to do.
- Anonymous

You have to accept whatever comes and the only important thing is that you meet it with courage and with the best that you have to give.
- Eleanor Roosevelt

He who believes is strong; he who doubts is weak.
Strong convictions precede great actions.
- Louisa May Alcott

With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.
- Eleanor Roosevelt

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.
- Mark Twain

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement.
Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.
- Helen Keller

Do the thing you fear most and the death of fear is certain.
- Mark Twain

The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be.
- Anne Frank

If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to.
If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve.
- Lao Tzu

Always do what you are afraid to do.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.
- Plato

We have to start teaching ourselves not to be afraid.
- William Faulkner

The first step to believing something is true is wanting to believe it is true... or being afraid it is.
- Terry Goodkind

Don't be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.
- John D. Rockefeller

One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.
- Helen Keller

Security is mostly a superstition.
It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.
Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure.
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.
- Helen Keller

Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less.
- Marie Curie

The jump is so frightening between where I am and where I want to be.
Because of all I may become, I will close my eyes and leap.
- Mary Anne Radmacher

Never allow a person to tell you No who doesn't have the power to say Yes.
- Eleanor Roosevelt

Loving is the most unmitigated and courageous act I perform in a day.
- Mary Anne Radmacher

God grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can;
And wisdom to know the difference.
- Reinhold Niebuhr

The most painful and debilitating fear is fear of the unknown.
- Jonathan Lockwood Huie

Choose what lies in the shadows to be a matter for discovery and adventure, rather than fear.
- Jonathan Lockwood Huie

Training yourself to live in the present - without regretting the past or fearing the future - is a recipe for a happy life.
- Jonathan Lockwood Huie

Welcome the conquering Hero - and recognize that the Hero is... yourself.
- Jonathan Lockwood Huie

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
- Eleanor Roosevelt

Don't let one cloud obliterate the whole sky.
- Anaïs Nin

If you can dream it, you can do it.
- Walt Disney

When you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
- Lee Ann Womack

Always be a first-rate version of yourself,
instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.
- Judy Garland

We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anaïs Nin

It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness.
- Chinese proverb often quoted by Eleanor Roosevelt

CALM IN CHAOS
In the midst of the flurry - clarity.
In the midst of the storm - calm.
In the midst of divided interests - certainty.
In the many roads - a certain choice.
- Mary Anne Radmacher

It is never too late to be what you might have been.
- George Eliot [George Eliot was the pen name of English novelist Mary Anne Evans (1819-1880)]

Science may have found a cure for most evils; but it has found no remedy for the worst of them all -- the apathy of human beings.
- Helen Keller

It is our choices ... that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.
- J. K. Rowling (Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets)

Always be a first-rate version of yourself,
instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.
- Judy Garland

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain.
- Vivian Greene

I Act with Bold Courage - Taking inspiration from the powerful vision of my future, I boldly set sail with courage and intent. I hold my course with focused attention and relentless commitment, as I weather the storms of life.
- Jonathan Lockwood Huie

I Can Do Anything - Starting Right Now. I have my dream and I choose to move in the direction of my goal, even when I am afraid or unsure. Whenever I fall, I stand up, brush myself off, and keep moving toward my goal.
- Jonathan Lockwood Huie

I make friends with my fear. I am unstoppable.
- Jonathan Lockwood Huie


=============================
Please send your comments, news tips and press releases to GreenwichRoundup@gmail.com

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Are you kidding me?? Serenity now?

Where's George Costanza?

The Raw Greenwich Blog And RSS Feed - Bloggers Who Are From, Work In Or Used To Live In Greenwich