Hyper Local News Pages

Web Stats Provided By Google Analytics

Monday, May 5, 2008

05/05/08 - Comments About Joe Pisani Leaving The Greenwich Time


Swan Song For A Good Man And A Bad Editor

Please see:

05/04/07 - Joe Pisani, Editor Of Greenwich Time, Has Been Fired By The Paper's New Owner


Meg Lane Of New Canaan says


This is terrible news! I am sad to hear that one of the good guys is waving the white flag. So now what are we left? A crew with no real captain to speak of and readers who may have to turn to...... tv? Wah! I am disappointed.

Mrs VJ Martini says

I am sure I speak for many when I say how sorry I am to see Joe Pasani leave the Advocate. He was a wonderful Editor. The Sunday editorial said it well. Lots of changes for us who have loved the Advocate for many years. We who have enjoyed his column will miss him most. Good Luck and God Bless Joe, it won't be the same with out you !!!

Donald Currie says

I remember Mr. Pisani teaching 8th grade religion and English at Greenwich Catholic Middle School. Even at that young age, I was impressed by the way he handled a bunch of rowdy teens. I could sense his inner calmness and belief that what he was doing was important.

I never had the opportunity to thank him for his guidance and kindness during those tough teen years. I believe Mr. Pisani helped make me thae man and more importantly the father I am today.

Under Joe's guidance, the Advocate did cover our local issues as well as possible and never ever became part of the sensationalized tabloid "journalism" craze. For that, he deserves a ton of credit and our gratitude.

Thank you, Mr. Pisani....... for everything.

John Roman III says

Another cry in the wilderness for local media ownership. As it goes, so goes the commitment to inform and the obligation to hold accountable. Greenwich Time and The Advocate have been diminished. Just as once influential radio stations WSTC and WNLK have only been able to do less with less, the fabric of the communities served by these newspapers will fray and weaken as they become mere commodities.

Weirdo says


Care to bet who they'll name editor ... Pisani has done such a good job turning the Greenwich Time into a laughing stock ....The new owners will need to make sure that the new editor is up for the challenge of continuing Pisani's mission to send these two papers into the toilet.

Anonymous says

The paper has gone downhill to the point that it's subteranean now. I have to wear an oxygen mask everytime I read it because of all the noxious fumes. They ought to put a warning label on the front page alerting readers to read the paper at their own risk since reading it has been known to cause retardation and paranoid delusions.

Nick Sartori says

I have never met Mr Pisani, never spoken to him, never corresponded by mail or electronically. But for several years I have made it a Friday night "must" to read his weekly editorial. From his writings, it has been clear to me that this is a good, decent, thoughtful man. No need to say more about a person than that. Best of luck to him.

=======================================
Please send your comments, letters to the editor, news tips, press releases and upcomming events to GreenwichRoundup@gmail.com

No comments:

The Raw Greenwich Blog And RSS Feed - Bloggers Who Are From, Work In Or Used To Live In Greenwich