Hyper Local News Pages

Web Stats Provided By Google Analytics

Thursday, April 8, 2010

04/08/10 GREENWICH HIGH SCHOOL MATH TEAM WINS 2009-10 STATE COMPETITION

I've paid my dues -
Time after time -
I've done my sentence
But committed no crime -
And bad mistakes
I've made a few
I've had my share of sand kicked in my face -
But I've come through

We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting - till the end -
We are the champions -
We are the champions
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions - of Mathamatics!!!!!


The Greenwich High School Math Team has been named the 2009-10 Connecticut State Math Champions
Greenwich won the Connecticut State Association of Mathematics Leagues (CSAML) competition on
Hats off to GHS Math Team Members who include: Henry Armero (Grade 11), Warren Bein (Grade 10), Dan Chang (Grade 11), Marty Clarke (Grade 12), Connor Harris (Grade 10), Ryota Ishizuka (Grade 10), Jae Lee (Grade 12), and Yuhei Urakami (Grade 11).

Connecticut counties conduct competitions, sending the top winners to the State CSAML competition each year in March/April. There are three divisions for small, medium and large high schools. Greenwich High School competes in the ‘large’ division at the State level. The score is cumulative, so the best teams will differentiate themselves as the long season progresses. The GHS Math Team has been competing in the Fairfield County Math League (FCML) matches every month since October 2009. Their successful efforts at the county level earned them a place in the State Competition. As State Champions the team will now move on to compete in the regional competition: New England Association of Math Leagues’ (NEAML) competition in Canton, MA on Friday, April 30, 2010.

No comments:

The Raw Greenwich Blog And RSS Feed - Bloggers Who Are From, Work In Or Used To Live In Greenwich