Hyper Local News Pages

Web Stats Provided By Google Analytics

Monday, August 17, 2009

08/17/09 The Himes Times: Health care



August 17, 2009

Friends,


As you have no doubt noticed, health care reform has become THE topic in Washington, in the media, and across the country. And rightly so. The status quo is no longer tenable. It is an economic and moral disaster.

Yes, the rhetoric has been heated, and it has been disheartening to see that around the country efforts have been made to squelch discussion rather than promote it. I am happy to say that in my district when I held an
impromptu town hall meeting with some 75 people in Stamford, people were thoughtful, considerate, and generally measured.

This is an immensely complicated topic, and probably the most substantial legislative initiative in which any of us will play a part.

Recently, I published an op-ed in the
Connecticut Post, Stamford Advocate, and Greenwich Time detailing my current views on the proposed reforms. I hope you will take a look and let me know what you think.

All the best,


Jim

=================================================

Please send your comments, news tips and press releases to GreenwichRoundup@gmail.com

No comments:

The Raw Greenwich Blog And RSS Feed - Bloggers Who Are From, Work In Or Used To Live In Greenwich