Hyper Local News Pages

Web Stats Provided By Google Analytics

Friday, December 5, 2008

12/05/08 Reader Submitted Comments: Sorry to disappoint you, but you are not number 2


Greenwich Roundup Is In 3rd Place


Hello Brian,


I hate to rain on your parade but I think you are number 3 not 2 since I have been average 2,000 a day, oops sorry.


On a serious note, congratulations, I no longer read the local newspapers I get all my news from you and Chris.


Claudette Rothman

Greenwich Diva


Dear Claudia,


If you are talking Unique Visitors and not just Visitors Or Page Views then you have a phenomenal amount of traffic and are are where I want to be in the future.


However, if the 2,000 number is for total visits or page views your numbers still are not too shabby and better than 80% of all bloggers.

You are right, to be proud of the constant hard work that you put into your blog.
I do not doubt your numbers, because I have noticed that your have monitized your blog with display and banner ads. I have even notice your adverstise with us link, but have not clicked on it because my wife won't let me spend any money on Greenwich Roundup.
I should have been nicer to Sarah Litman and the "Our Greenwich" crowd of fired reporters and editors, because I hear that Ms. Litman is loaded. The only problem is if you get help from Ms. Litman, then you have got to work with Ex-Greenwich Time Editor Joe "I Sat On The Moxley Investigative Report For 10 Years" Pisani and constant his side kick Susie "The Dish".

For right now I will accept third place behing you and Chris "I Have A Friend At The New York Times" Fountain.
I think it is interesting to note that the three bloggers that consistently make multiple postings on a daily basis are the ones with the highest traffic.


If the Greenwich Time was smart it would turn over it's web reporting to the three hardest working bloggers in Greenwich, so the corporate suits at Hearst Newspapers could send their web traffic through the roof.

The Journal News actually incorporates blogs into it's LoHud web page. For example there is a blog called the "Hall Monitor" blogs on school issues.

The only thing I would mention is that I wish Greenwich Diva did a few more local stories. Sort of like how #1 Blogger Chris "I Have A Friend At The New York Times" Fountain mixes, local and national news items in with his real estate reports.



Thank you for your kind words of only getting your news from Chris and myself.



sincerely,





Brian





================================================================


Please send your comments to GreenwichRoundup@gmail.com

No comments:

The Raw Greenwich Blog And RSS Feed - Bloggers Who Are From, Work In Or Used To Live In Greenwich