Hyper Local News Pages

Web Stats Provided By Google Analytics

Saturday, September 24, 2011

09/24/11 Coworker Supports Drew Marzullo For Selectman

I have known Drew Marzullo since I was 14 years old: first as my mentor, then as my colleague, and currently as a selectman and a close friend.

I started volunteering at Greenwich Emergency Medical Services (GEMS) during my freshman year of high school. Before doing my first "ride-along" with one of the crews, I asked my supervisor who he thought would be the best person to work with. It was Drew.

Although Drew had over a decade of service committed to GEMS as a successful paramedic, he immediately treated me as an equal and began teaching me my way around the ambulance. When the shift started at 6:15 that morning, he took the time to walk me through the entire vehicle and made me feel comfortable in a new and intimidating environment.

During my years as a volunteer, and eventually as his colleague, his passion for our patients and his job were remarkable. Throughout high school and college he continued to push me to achieve at the highest level possible and has been instrumental in my decision to pursue a career in medicine.

His passion and personality shine through everything he does. Anyone who has met Drew knows that he has a natural ability to engage others and make them feel welcome. To this day Drew makes a point of meeting the new volunteers at GEMS and extending them an invitation to ride with him on the ambulance. Over the years I have been able to see Drew develop an immediate and supportive connection with patients, volunteers, coworkers and, of course, his constituency.

One day while I was staffing the ambulance for a triathlon, a woman came up to me with a bag full of cold water bottles and a few snacks for the crew. When I asked her what the occasion was, she proudly told me that Drew had done so much for her and she wanted to bring something over for his coworkers.

As a friend, Drew has known my family and me for over a decade and has always been a warm and welcome guest at birthdays and holidays.

I could not be more thankful for the positive influence that Drew has had on this town and me. He pursues everything he does with a dogged optimism and I fully support him as a friend, a coworker, and a voter.

Jason Clain

Riverside

======================================
Please send your comments, news tips and press releases to GreenwichRoundup@gmail.com

No comments:

The Raw Greenwich Blog And RSS Feed - Bloggers Who Are From, Work In Or Used To Live In Greenwich