Hyper Local News Pages

Web Stats Provided By Google Analytics

Monday, August 9, 2010

08/09/10 The Tea Party Crowd Debates The Merits Of Congressional Candidate Rick Torres And Rob "I Got High And Forgot To Vote" Merkle

Amodexink

to nickfortun06807

This point is well made Nick and thank you. The strength of the political establishment will evidence itself tomorrow evening should Dan win. It's unfortunate that when ICaucus (as the most significant grassroots organization with the most thorough vetting process) voted for Rick with over 60% in a 4-way race, that his opponent didn't step aside recognizing the significance of this unbiased choice.
In a message dated 8/9/2010 11:59:51 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, nickfortun06807 writes:
Thank you for allowing me to be privy to your dialog.

I'm glad that there's a civil and respectful tone. Unfortunately this sort of discussion should've been had, and hopefully resolved, weeks ago, however it's never too late to use reason and logic.

I still say that if even one vote causes either of the two candidates to lose, we will likely regret that we couldn't get behind one single candidate. I think that this makes an argument for our own primary in the future. Keep in mind that there is a credibility issue involved as well, in that our votes being split not only diminishes our effort but reduces our perceived influence. Whatever the results, let this be a learning experience for the future.
Nick F
________________________________________________


From: Amodexink
To: al@merkleforcongress.com

I believe each candidate runs on his/her own merits. Thank you for at least agreeing with the position that one's voting record matters when it comes to elected office.
I will certainly bring this to Rick's attention and hope you will do the same with Rob for any endorsements he might want to reconsider. For the moment I can't recall Rob's list of endorsements so would appreciate your forwarding them to me.
In a message dated 8/9/2010 10:39:27 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, al@merkleforcongress.com writes:

I'm glad you think that Schiff shouldn't be running…Tell Rick to pull his endorsement ;)

From: Amodexink
Sent: Monday, August 09, 2010 10:19 AM
To: cgrippi@optonline.net; jeff@ricktorres2010.com

It is unfathomable to me that anyone would believe he/she is qualified to represent the citizenry when his/her voting pattern indicates, at the very minimum, an apathy to participating in the voting process. People died to give us this right and our leaders set the example.

In a message dated 8/6/2010 2:21:23 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, cgrippi writes:

I have both Rob and Peter's stories in my computer as I wrote them as notes when I interviewed each of them and when - get back to my computer tomorrow I will be happy to share the facts more accurately than - could with this blackberry - assuming - remember this conversation - with more pressing issues to address. In the mean time. having heard both men's explanation for having a voting record that pales to my own, I think you may find that you are putting too much weight on this topic for either candidate and we should go back to the issues facing the nation and the candidates perspectives on how to move forward in righting the ship.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry


From: Jeff Wright jeff@ricktorres2010.com

Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2010 13:17:46 -0400

To:cgrippi

Well perhaps you could illuminate the voting electorate as to the exact amount of times Rob Merkle has voted in his life unless of course you feel that Robert Merkle's lack of participation in the electoral process is not germane to the to the conversation.

If I have made an error, please correct me.

Let us make it part of the the public record right now.

Take all the space you need.

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 12:45 PM;cgrippi

Rob's voting record mirrors Peter Schiff's -I have discussed this issue with both men and as a result understand their circumstances. - I suggest that ALL paying attn to this stream - contact Rob directly or ask me for the details before ever saying that he has never voted.

You wouldn't want people saying lies about you...

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry


From: Jeff Wright jeff@ricktorres2010.com

Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2010 12:10:08 -0400

Germane????

How is this for Germane.

Rob Merkle has never voted.

Period.

That ALONE seperate from all the legal pecidillos Mr. Merkle has found himself embroiled in should immediately disqualify him from running for local dog catcher never mind The United States Congress.

Rick Torres has spent his entire life involved in the political areana trying to make difference in peoples lives.

I personally find it galling that at this juncture in his life Mr. Merkle now believes HE is the most qualified candidate.

Germane indeed.

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 11:30 AM, Amodexink wrote:

One might also consider it "germane" that Rob has a deplorable voting record which will be difficult to justify to a broader electorate (particularly conservatives).

No comments:

The Raw Greenwich Blog And RSS Feed - Bloggers Who Are From, Work In Or Used To Live In Greenwich