Hyper Local News Pages

Web Stats Provided By Google Analytics

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

05/19/09 Reader Submitted Comments; Two Thumbs Down For The Greenwich Time

What’s a Newspaper?

Nevermind….I’ll go on the internet and look it up!

Kieth Says ....

I only buy news papers for historic things on the front page. But other than that I could care less about the Greenwich Time.


Common Sense Says.....

It's time to welcome Greenwich Time readers to the 22nd century. Print is dead- Time to learn how to read it on the web..

I’d be thrilled if the Greenwich Time was gone. Waste of paper, time , energy.

US Postal Service should go the same way… no need – use email and private carriers… and the gov can save money instead of investing in a dinosaur.

The only thing that matters to me is what I can find on my screen – get in the with the new.


Tom Says....

I think we’re at the point now where most people under age fifty get their news online, so I don’t think the loss of the Greenwich Time would have as large of an impact as we may be led to believe. I still prefer the printed newspaper though…


Riverside Mom Says....

The Greenwich Time has gone from a normal size paper to the size of a comic book and has maybe a total of 15 pages! I understand that the economy has hit everybody hard, but this is ridiculous. What you get, you can read in about 10 minutes, but I sure don’t see any reduction in subscription rates! I will cancel my subscription after 18 years and get my news solely from my computer if things don’t change!

Linda Says....

I don’t get my news from the newspaper. By the time the Greenwich Time is delivered, its already old news. Not to mention that I have to pay for old news that wastes trees and pays the wages of dishonest reporters who fail to report the truth. I’d rather get more accurate up to the minute free news on the tv or the net where its easier to weed out the lies.

M. Says......

Take away our local newspaper and the only ones to notice will be the dogs and birds. No more papers put out for the dog while the master is away. No more lining the bottom of the cage for Tweety. The Greenwich Time has been for the birds and going to the dogs for years.


Truth Teller Says....

I stopped my subscription about four years ago. I read it online every once in a while.


Paul Says.....

I routinely only read dot-com news; the Greenwich Time is not covering all the things I like to read, except for the occasional Death Notice and funeral listing or police-log crime of note.

Frank Says....

As a journalism major, the loss of the Greenwich Time would be tragic for my future profession. Not only would it pose trouble in finding a job, it would also be difficult to get internships to get a job in a profession that’s highly competitive. I seriously hope all of the hard work that I am doing right now pays off in the long haul.

Anonymous Says.....

The Greenwich Time keeps getting smaller and smaller So I am sure one of thees day ,I will go out to the Drive way and just pick up an empty plastic bag.YA Know?

If the local rag disappears it will definitely make it harder to wrap garbage and start fires but we should be able to find suitable replacements.

Neutral Observer Says .....

I barely know that a local newspaper exists. If it was to disappear I probably would only find out by reading the news online.

Townie Says.....

Since it only takes under 15 minutes to look through the overpriced Greenwich Time I won’t miss it if it goes out of business.

Mari Says .....

I no longer subscribe to a newspaper, I haven’t in a few years. We have instant access and up to the minute news via computers, and cell phones. Really, who reads the newspaper anymore? I now consider it to be obsolete. Newspapers should hop onboard the “green” train anyway, and stop wasting paper that ends up in the gutter.

Spring Flowers Says....

I would not notice if the Greenwich Time disappeared. I don't buy it. I don't even buy paper books anymore, I use ebooks. I strongly believe journalism is very important to our society. However, it is time to come out of the 19th century and join the 21st century. This is the electronic age. Newspapers need to move to an electronic medium, with established standards and editing processes to maintain a certain level of control. This would reduce some of their costs, and help the environment. There would be less paper wasted and less fingers to wash the ink off of.

Paulette Says ......

This is a generational issue. I’m an old foggie on the way out. Morning coffee without a newspaper is like Oreos without milk. But my son thinks newspapers are redundant since he gets all his information on the Internet.

After the demise of the Greenwich Time, there will also be an end o books, magazines.

Information will be transported electronically. I still miss my rotary phone, records, VCR, tape recorder and typewriter but I can’t live without my laptop!

Anthony Says.....

I’m 35 years old, and I don’t know a single person my age or younger who reads the Greenwich Time. I wish they’d just shut up and go away already and stop throwing pity parties every time Hearst orders another round of job cuts. Nobody cares.

Anonymous Says.....

Hell yes I would notice if the Greenwich Time was shut down. I’m a Hearst Newspaper employee and I’ve been watching colleagues disappear for years in what the company calls “Cost cutting”. They’re gonna cut us right onto the unemployment line. You can catch me on I-95 picking up cans any day now

PLEASE SEE:


=======================================
Please send your comments to GreenwichRoundup@gmail.com

No comments:

The Raw Greenwich Blog And RSS Feed - Bloggers Who Are From, Work In Or Used To Live In Greenwich