Hyper Local News Pages

Web Stats Provided By Google Analytics

Thursday, October 2, 2008

10/02/08 Every time Greenwich Roundup sets a new record I get lazy and unfocused. I start thinking of the future instead of today's news events.



We can Change Things In America

And We Can Change Things

In Greenwich.

In Fact, We Already Are Changing

Things In Greenwich.

We Set Another Record !!!!

Yesterday we had 1,256 Visitors !!!!

When I looked at yesterday's web traffic I was sure I had a feeling that we were going to break 1000 visitors in a day, but I had no idea that we would break the 1200 mark !!!!!

The first thing I did was to tell my family and all of them including my wife had no interest what so ever. But my family has all ways been that way.

When I set up a Linux Server, they yawned.

When I dumped micro$haft and put Linux in my Laptop and everything actually worked.

They walked away as I danced around the house saying,"Yes !!!, Yes !!!!, Yes !!!!"

Years ago when when I founded a stamp collecting message board called All-Nations Stamp Club my family was unimpressed even though it still has 1252 current members and is the most active stamp collecting message board at MSN. In the days of blogs and social networking the message boards or Internet groups are a thing of the past. In fact if you go to MSN.com and look for MSN Groups you can't even find a link anymore.

MSN GROUPS is almost like the old USENET GROUPS you have to know where to look. If MSN provided a Prominent link on it's home page All-Nations Stamp Club would easily have over 5,000 active users.

To this day if you punch the Words "All Nations Stamp Club" the listing comes up number one on Google.

If you go to Google and type in "Free Stamps" or "Free USA Stamps" or even "Free United States Stamps" you will get my very first website FREE UNITED STATES STAMPS . Getting the top listing at Google using the keyword "FREE" is not easy.

Twice a week I pick up a couple of dozen requests for collectible stamps for beginners.

But my family could care less.

It is just like when you type in the words "Greenwich Roundup" into the worlds most popular search engine and you will see this website as the number one listing on Google

When you type in "Greenwich Guy" you don't get that blog on the main Google search page.

When you type in "Our Greenwich" you don't get Sarah Littman and Joe Pisani's blog on the main Google search page.

When you type in "For What It's Worth" you don't get one of my favorite bloggers Chris Fountain on the main Google search page.

I am not saying this to brag or to put down any other bloggers.

I am saying this to prove what I have been saying for well over a year. The town of Greenwich is going to have a web portal that provides an alternative voice to the compliant mainstream news websites in town.

It might be this blog which has a goal of "Rounding Up" all the voices in Greenwich society into one place or it might be someone who is much more wealthy and smarter than I who develops a whole different platform for Greenwich.

It really doesn't matter how it comes about, it just needs to come about as soon as possible.

Since January or February of this year I have had people laugh in my face when I have said that Greenwich Roundup will eventually have more web traffic than the Greenwich Citizen, Greenwich-Post and the Greenwich Time combined. Some of the people that laughed the hardest were my own family members.

If the publishers of one of the so-called Greenwich News Websites were able to think out side of the box they would reach out to bloggers Bill Clark at Greenwich Gossip or Claudia Rothman at Greenwich Diva and set up Greenwich Blogger page that linked prominently from their main page.

But they are not smart enough to include the voices of citizen journalists on their websites. If they were really able to think out side of the box they would put me in charge of the project.

But these empty corporate suits are not entrepreneurial or smart enough to build a social network around their news websites and will be buried by a website that can do this.

Soon the Bloggers of Greenwich will have enough combined web traffic that they can combine and monetize a Greenwich Web Portal.

Fortunately for Greenwich Newspaper publishers organizing independent bloggers and citizen journalists is like herding cats down the Post Road.

Not every one of my web projects has went to number one, for example I am the editor for the Topix Message Board for Greenwich, CT . Currently out of over 300 community message boards for Connecticut the Greenwich Message Board is ranked number three in the state. I have just barely beat out New Haven and now must take down Stratford, CT And Hartford, CT in order to be number one.

I already have better numbers than Bridgeport, Danbury, New Canaan, Norwalk, and Stamford. I would have already been the top message board in the state, but I have been very busy with Greenwich Roundup lately.

However now that Greenwich Roundup has came in with over 1000 visitors for two of the last six days I can go back and pay a little more attention to the Greenwich CT message board.

I was the topix editor before I even started Greenwich Roundup and at one time the topix page was ranked number 1 in Connecticut, but I put that project on the back burner as I put all my efforts into Greenwich Roundup.

Right now my head is so big I can barely dance around my house singing "We Will Rock You and We Are The Champions".

The Greenwich Newspaper had better start getting hyper local and including all the voices of Greenwich or someone is going to eat their lunch.

One more note this is really turning out to be a fun day, I was invited to watch Sarah Palin's debate tonight, but I bowed out when I found out that there was going to be this big drinking game centered around her anticipated screw ups. I am just not into that anymore.

Instead, I am going to a dinner and Bible study group. Actually at the last two dinners Sarah has been brought up and by this group which includes a person that works at Fox News. We have had extensive debates about Ms. Palin, and some how out of this group of well educated men I am the only one saying that she is not ready for the national stage.

Maybe tonight we should watch the debate after the Bible study and they can pray for John McCain every time she screws up. Miracles do happen.

Please See:

09/26/08 We Don't Know Why, But Yesterday We Had Over 1ooo Visitors Come And Read About What's Going On In Greenwich.


ALSO:

I would like to recognize the web skills of of one my pastors Nick Uva.

The
Harvest Time Church website is listed as number one at Google. Even though there are many other Harvest Time Churches around the world. In fact there are 754,000 links for Harvest Time Church at Google.

His
Pray Connecticut website is listed as number one at Google.

His
The Daily Spurgeon website is listed as number one at Google.

Besides being a great webmater he is a real egghead.

Be is a former attorney like Chris Fountain.

He is a nusician and leads one of the church's bands.

He known for prepaing outstanding church divotionals.

And unlike myself, he is kind to everyone he meets.
Hopefully, I will learn to tame of some of the justified anger I have and take Greenwich Roundup to the next level. If anyone would like to help me work on improving Greenwich Roundup for the better, then please send me an email.
===============================================================
Please send your comments to GreenwichRoundup@gmail.com

No comments:

The Raw Greenwich Blog And RSS Feed - Bloggers Who Are From, Work In Or Used To Live In Greenwich