Hyper Local News Pages

Web Stats Provided By Google Analytics

Friday, June 20, 2008

06/20/08 The Latest From Rob "The Sports Voice Of Greenwich" Adams


Greenwich is Tops in Connecticut

Kudos to two friends of Exit 55 (and me, for that matter). First up is Dana, my friend who sent me an email this morning about things going on around our sports world. We started by chatting about Ricky Riscica, the Cardinals' slugging first baseman who is now playing for the Greenwich Cannons in American Legion baseball. Ricky hit a long home run the other day in Norwalk.

I'm thinking of checking out a game, so I can say "I knew him when."

Next Dana told me about an article in the Greenwich Post, by Paul Silverfarb, in which he discusses an article from Sports Illustrated that lists Greenwich as the number 1 athletic program in the state of Connecticut, and number seven in the country!

Paul's article is here. Sports Illustrated's coverage is here.

Congratulations to Athletic Director Gus Lindine, the staff, coaches and athletes at GHS. They are the best in the business, and they've been wonderful to me and everyone at WGCH for over 10 years.

Thanks to Dana for pointing it out to me, and to Paul for his fine writing.
Exit 55 - http://steelyankee.blogspot.com/

=================================================
Please send your blog posts and comments to
GreenwichRoundup@gmail.com

No comments:

The Raw Greenwich Blog And RSS Feed - Bloggers Who Are From, Work In Or Used To Live In Greenwich