Hyper Local News Pages

Web Stats Provided By Google Analytics

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

04/15/08 - Associate Editor Karen Hunter handles concerns about the accuracy and fairness of news coverage


Caption Wasn't Funny To Some

Hartford Courant

By Karen Hunter, Reader Represenitive

The caption that won last week's photo caption contest was seen as inappropriate by a couple of readers....

A reader wrote, "Your paper selected the winning caption, for the women underwater, as 'my toe is stuck in the drain.' This is sick!! There have been too many kids who have died in this or similar manners. I believe that your paper should print an apology for your actions."


A Windsor reader wrote, "I am disgusted with the paper this morning. I had to stop reading it and immediately got a stomachache.

The winning photo caption entry for the female swimmer underwater was 'No read my lips! My toe's caught in the drain!'

"Have you all not read your own paper the past year?!!! A 6-year-old boy in Greenwich died from being caught in a drain last July. You printed at least two articles about it since it happened. This was not funny. I am sick to my stomach, and pray that....


==========================================

Please send comments, news tips and press releases to GreenwichRoundup@gmail.com

No comments:

The Raw Greenwich Blog And RSS Feed - Bloggers Who Are From, Work In Or Used To Live In Greenwich