Hyper Local News Pages

Web Stats Provided By Google Analytics

Saturday, May 8, 2010

05/08/10 WGCH's Jeff Weber Responds To Greenwich Roundup's Articles About Michael Metter And Map VI Acquisitions

Jeff Weber said...

With regard to your article concerning my involvement with Blue Star Media Group, I'd like to offer a few corrections:


First, I am not a "major" stockholder in the company. My stock holdings as outlined in your article are of a minority interest and pale in comparison to those who own much more than I. In fact, you even mention several individuals who own 7-32% of the stock. My holdings are even less than the 7% of another individual. That is hardly major.


I am not a member of the board of directors of the company and as such had no input or decision making authority with regard to the name change of Map VI, its implementation or anything related to it.


Any decision for this company to go public would be made by the board, not me.


You identified me in your headline as a "hustler." Would you please clarify who exactly I have "hustled?"


WGCH does not broadcast from a "small room packed with high-tech equipment." Our 1500 square foot facility may be unassuming but it gets the job done.


Your comment that WGCH is a "money losing radio station" that "lost even more listeners" is interesting. What information do you have to back that up?


The description of WGCH as World's Greatest Communications Hoax is an insult to the hard working employees of the radio station.


You reference radio station WCTE as one we "sealed a deal to buy" but I am not familiar with that radio station. I believe you got the call letters wrong.


You indicate several times in your article that I planned to "sucker gullible investors."


I am deeply offended by this statement for which there is no basis in fact. Additionally, I have never been involved in the recruitment of investors in any shape or form.


Your efforts to align me with two individuals who have been charged with a variety of illegal activities is an unfair characterization of me.


Those who know me, know that the statements about me do not reflect who I am. Those who don't know me, will unfortunately have to make their own decision based on the way you defined me in an article that seems "out to get" me as one of my friends described it.


Why you would choose to do that, I have no idea.


Comment::


Dear Jeff. Weber,


I will try and respond to your statements and questions as best that I can,


The goal of these articles is to get at the truth.


Jeff Weber states:


First, I am not a "major" stockholder in the company. My stock holdings as outlined in your article are of a minority interest and pale in comparison to those who own much more than I. In fact, you even mention several individuals who own 7-32% of the stock. My holdings are even less than the 7% of another individual. That is hardly major.


Mr. Weber, the information comes from the SEC, who under Federal law and regulations considers you to be a major share holder. Out of the 112 share holders in Map VI Acquisition (AKA Blue Star Media) only a handful of investors or owners are considered by the federal government to be major shareholders, and you are one of the lucky few.


Federal laws dictate that your employment agreement and salary and bonuses must be filed in SEC documents. I know that recently you have gotten bonuses of about $6,500, but I have no clue of what a minority share holder like Mike Weber may or may not get from Map VI Acquisitions.


For all I know someone like Tony Savino, may or may not, hold or have been rewarded with Map Vi Acquisition Stock..


If he is shareholder in Map IV Acquisitions, I would not know, because he would be a "minority share holder" with certain protections under the law.


If Tony Savino, owned Map VI Acquisition Share, I would not know the deails of his employment contact, because he would be a "minority share holder".


It is very hard to determine the exact percentage that you own of Map VI Acquisitions, because the SEC reports are habitually very late and the numbers keep changing.


As best, as I can tell there are about 7,200,000 outstanding shares and you control about 460,000 shares or about 6.38% of the company.


If Greenwich Roundup controlled about 6.38% of the Hearst Corporation, he would have a Greenwich backcounrty estate, a second home in the Hamptons and a third home in Florida.


Greenwich Roundup could even have Hearst Newspaper Editor David McCumber fired and Greenwich Time investigative reporter Teri Buhl rehired.


This way Greenwich Roundup would not have to spend days reading boring government reports.


Jeff Weber Also States:


I am not a member of the board of directors of the company and as such had no input or decision making authority with regard to the name change of Map VI, its implementation or anything related to it.


Any decision for this company to go public would be made by the board, not me.


Dear Mr. Weber, At this time it is unclear how your shares have been used in corporate governance or decision making. Are you saying that you have abstained from voting your 6.38 % of Map VI Acquisitions?


Are you saying that you received no shareholders notices from Map VI Acquisition?


Are you saying that none of your 460,000 shares were never voted in support of Michael Metter or his other con artist buddies?


Mr. Weber, from your public statements you seem to be highly involved in Map VI acquisition\s accumulation of money losing media properties.


Here are statements from just one Greenwich Time article....


"The acquisition had a tremendous upside for the business,"said Weber.

"We had talked for a long time about creating a lifestyles radio network," said Weber.

"Starting from scratch is very expensive. By buying an established network with affiliates and personalities in place, it is quite easy to expand it into a 24/7 network," Weber said.


Jeff Weber Said:


You identified me in your headline as a "hustler." Would you please clarify who exactly I have "hustled?"


Mr. Weber, "hustler" is a strong word and if it will make you feel any better. I will withdraw the word.


Mr. Weber, if I had been one of the 100 plus minority investors in the "blind trust" known as Map VI Acquisitions, then I would probably be feeling hustled by the major share holders as I read in the newspaper that two of the major share holders were just arrested by the FBI and had to put up a total of 4 million dollars in bail money.


If I was a WGCH employee and part of my compensation package that you gave me included some of this toxic stock or a 401 K with this toxic stock, I would be feeling hustled.


I hope that none of the paid on air WGCH personalities or board operators are left depending on this stock to help with their retirement.


Mr. Webber, please tell me that no Map VI Acquisitions or its subsidiaries current or former employees hold none of these worthless penny stock shares.


I am so afraid that these folks they might be the part of the 100 minority shareholders.


Jeff Weber says ...


WGCH does not broadcast from a "small room packed with high-tech equipment." Our 1500 square foot facility may be unassuming but it gets the job done.


Mr. Weber, the entire quote refereed to the "two networks' syndicated programming" was. it stated "It's all transmitted from a small room packed with high-tech equipment in the unassuming WGCH headquarters"


Now Jeff, don't try and hustle me now.


Just how many rooms do you give the network board operators to use at WGCH?


Now remember there are not many rooms in your 1,500 square foot facility.


However, I will say that one person has since told me that the network board operator might now be in a room in Stamford somewhere.


Jeff Weber said.....


Your comment that WGCH is a "money losing radio station" that "lost even more listeners" is interesting.


What information do you have to back that up?


Mr. Weber, are you trying to hustle me?


Just how much money do you claim that WGCH is netting.


Your company's accountants and lawyers have filed documents with the SEC saying that the whole shebang is losing over one million dollars a year.


Are you trying to say that WGCH is a money making machine?


Are you trying to tell me that WGCH is making so much money, that you just might change the call letters to WATM ?


Now before, you answer, I should remind you that Greenwich Roundup's website logs show that the SEC visits this blog and anything you say can be used in a court of law - because you are a major share holder, who is acting as chief operations officer of WGCH.


If WGCH was truly gaining listeners and earning huge profits you would have just quoted the numbers in your responce.


Once again I feel like I am being hustled.


Jeff Weber says ....


The description of WGCH as World's Greatest Communications Hoax is an insult to the hard working employees of the radio station.


Mr. Weber, I wish that I could claim that I made up, "World's Greatest Communications Hoax", but I have heard that joke over and over and over.


Jeff Weber says .....


You reference radio station WCTE as one we "sealed a deal to buy" but I am not familiar with that radio station. I believe you got the call letters wrong.


Dear Mr. Weber, the reference was.....


"Besides acquiring two national networks, Business TalkRadio also sealed a deal to buy the Long Island station it currently operates, WCTE 540 AM, for $9 million."


Mr. Weber, the information comes from a Greenwich Time article that you are quoted in and most likely supplied the background information to.


The Greenwich Time article was titled,

"Greenwich, Conn., Radio Station Expands As Owner Plans for Future" and was published on July 6th of 2005.


You can go down to the Greenwich library and read it if you want.

.Now, Jeff I once again feel like you are trying to misled or hustle the public and I with this you never heard of WCTE.


If the Greenwich Time reporter made a typo, then just come out and say so.


Did you or Micheal Metter lie to the Greenwich Time about the claim that, "Business TalkRadio also sealed a deal to buy the Long Island station it currently operates, WCTE 540 AM, for $9 million."


I just spent about two hours searching the internet and I have discovered that there is a WLIE (540 AM) licensed to serve Islip,New York. The station has had a long history on the bottom end of the AM dial. During its early years, it was a daytime-only station, with Christian programming, using the WLIX call letters. Starting in 1983, it was permitted to broadcast after dark, at a reduced power. In the mid-1990s, it was WLUX with a pop standards format format. In 2002 it flipped formats to become first a talk radio station and then a business talk radio station.


Jeff, I don't know if the station was ever called WCTE or something similar, the only reference I have is a Greenwich Time article that you were featured in.


Maybe you guys lost The station, because I did see a web page that said in 2008, a station with that frequency in Islip,New York started airing Spanish language religious shows.

.

The station is being operated by Principal Broadcasting Network under a LMA from Long Island Multimedia in anticipation of a $14 million purchase.


A LMA is a local marketing agreement (or local management agreement, or LMA) is an agreement in which one company agrees to operate a radio station or TV station owned by another licensee. In essence, it is a sort of lease or franchise.


Under Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regulations, the licensee is still completely legally responsible for the station, including fines for profanity outside of safe harbor hours. An LMA must also include the entire station's facilities (studio and all), as the FCC prohibits subleasing of only the frequency rights or transmitter plant.


LMAs have been criticized because they could allow companies to circumvent FCC rules on how many radio or television stations they can control in any one market. However, the FCC addressed this issue and now stations under LMA are counted toward the ownership cap in a given market

Jeff, once again I feel like you and Michael Metter are trying to mislead and hustle the public.


Did you guys lose the Islip, New York radio station or did you just rent out the place in an effort to stem the losses at Map Vi Acquisitions and the Business Talk radio network?



Jeff Weber says ....


You indicate several times in your article that I planned to "sucker gullible investors."


I am deeply offended by this statement for which there is no basis in fact.



Additionally, I have never been involved in the recruitment of investors in any shape or form.


Your efforts to align me with two individuals who have been charged with a variety of illegal activities is an unfair characterization of me.


Mr. Weber, I did not align you with Micheal Metter and the other con men. You aligned yourself with these persons now charged with felonies. I just reported the story.


In fact, you could have sought to leave as the red flags have been popping up over the last few years.


You have decided to remain aligned with a con man like Michael Metter, because it is much to lucrative for you.


Greenwich Roundup only has one eye and he can see that you and Michael Metter were putting lipstick on this dog of a money losing company in hopes of having an penny stock IPO.


Moreover, if the FBI had not interrupted Micheal Metter's Pump and Dump plans for the recently renamed Map VI Acquisitions, you would have profited quite handsomely.


Jeff Weber says....


Those who know me, know that the statements about me do not reflect who I am.


Those who don't know me, will unfortunately have to make their own decision based on the way you defined me in an article that seems "out to get" me as one of my friends described it.


Why you would choose to do that, I have no idea.


Mr. Weber, Greenwich roundup has no reason to be "out to get" you.


Greenwich Roundup is only out to get at the truth.


Greenwich Roundup has chosen to focus and report on this story, because the local newspapers and WGCH has chosen not to focus on the story.


The WGCH "News Team" showed its lack of integrity when it refused to report that it's owners were arrested by the FBI.


If Rupert Murdock was arrested by the FBI and released on a 2 Million Dollar bail bond, the story would be on Fox News, The Wall Street Journal and The New York Post.


Greenwich Roundup still remembers back in the early 1990's when Abe Hirschfeld e took over ownership of The New York Post, firing editor Pete Hamill, and infuriating the staff.


Who can forget the classic New York Post article about Able Hirshfield's takeover at the post.


The New York Post Headline read


"Who Is This Nut?



Please See:


05/07/10 WGCH Boss Jeff "The Hustler" Weber Has A Lot Of Explaining To Do About His Major "Map VI Acquisition" Holdings


No comments:

The Raw Greenwich Blog And RSS Feed - Bloggers Who Are From, Work In Or Used To Live In Greenwich