Hyper Local News Pages

Web Stats Provided By Google Analytics

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

09/06/10 Jim Himes Says: Thank you.

Jim Himes for Congress

Friends,

Today is the one year anniversary of my swearing-in to the U.S. Congress. It has been a wild ride, to say the least. We have worked hard to turn the economy around. While far too many Americans remain in real distress, indisputable signs of recovery are cause for hope. The epic battles around health care reform, financial regulation and energy have been tough, but have moved our country forward. Nothing that comes out of Washington is perfect, but I have been proud to contribute to these efforts.

I have also not been shy about breaking with my party when conscience or the interests of my constituents required it. Thus, in one year, I have accumulated the single most independent voting record of any Congressperson in New England.

I am hopeful that year two of this term will see the completion of much of what we started in year one. I am hopeful that we will focus on an issue that I believe is critical to the future of this country, but which has been on the back burner to date: education.

And of course, I hope that our economic recovery eases the pain of so many Americans, and that our troops abroad are safer and more secure than they were in 2009.

In this difficult first year, your support has meant the world to me. Your phone calls, emails and participation in meetings big and small have made me a better representative, and have strengthened my faith in our democratic process. Your financial generosity has given us a tremendous sense of momentum and support. In fact, because of your support not only did we meet our year end fundraising goal -- we surpassed it!

I can't tell you how much your generosity means to me and to this campaign. Thank you again for standing with me and fighting to stop the efforts to undo the progress we have made. Together, we can and we will continue to make a difference in 2010.

Sincerely,

Jim


Please send your comments, news clips and press releases to GreenwichRoundup@gmail.com

No comments:

The Raw Greenwich Blog And RSS Feed - Bloggers Who Are From, Work In Or Used To Live In Greenwich