Hyper Local News Pages

Web Stats Provided By Google Analytics

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

12/01/09 Jim Himes Says, "Let's get together!"

Jim Himes for Congress

Friends,

I hope you had a happy and healthy Thanksgiving.

I managed to string 48 hours together with friends and family. Met my little sister's new baby, annoyed my increasingly teenager-like daughters, and caught up with two or three of my oldest friends in the world. I know it's trite to say, but I cannot think of anything I would trade for the support, love and fellowship of good friends and family. I suppose I am particularly aware of it now that I am spending time in Washington, where they say that if you want a friend, you should buy a dog.

Of course, now it is back to it. Tonight, the President will announce his decision regarding America's strategy in Afghanistan. The Senate will wrestle with healthcare reform, and we will all feel the relentless urgency of fixing our still-sputtering economy. I will roll my sleeves back up on financial regulatory reform, and begin to plan for a pre-Christmas trip to Afghanistan. I look forward to reporting back to you on all of that.

I will be sustained by your friendship and support, and in that spirit, I want to let you know that I will be hosting an informal gathering on December 13th at 6:00 PM at Barcelona Restaurant in Norwalk, CT. I would love to see all my friends and supporters there for a few drinks and good conversation.

I do ask that you give what you can support of my re-election campaign, even if it's only $10.

The first 50 to arrive have a drink on us!

Sincerely yours,

Jim



Please send your comments, news tips and press releases to GreenwichRoundup@gmail.com

No comments:

The Raw Greenwich Blog And RSS Feed - Bloggers Who Are From, Work In Or Used To Live In Greenwich