Hyper Local News Pages

Web Stats Provided By Google Analytics

Monday, September 29, 2008

09/29/08 More Love For The Ex-Greenwich Time Editor From Greenwich Roundup Readers --- The GAP (Go Away Pisani)



To the Editor:


Here we go.....


On the Darien Times: I have read my share of brown nose editorials and columns. Joe Pisani's newest column about the owner of Hersham Acorn, highlighting Joe and his Dicken's like "stroll through the streets of New Canaan" tops the list of those which caused my gag reflex to activate. But I wasn't surprised.


I did wonder, however, why he would credit another LIVING journalist, based on Joe's self-imposed literary entitlement. Joe has always likened himself among the greatest" like Thoreau, Hemingway, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Frost, Homor, Tolstoy, and Emerson. Of course, the pedestal is large enough to hold so much talent....and my guess is any one of those notable writers, if LIVING, would be chopping at the bit to push little Joe.....off.


Truth be known, as Joe's idyllic imagination kicks in, fantasizing of wading in the real Walden Pond, these great writers must be turning over in their graves. "Chilblains" ???? Joe admits he needed a dictionary for that? Even I, in my daily struggle for the "right" words, didn't need a dictionary for that word. I have to think, if Mr. Yudain's prose is so eloquent,and he is so despondent over the moral deprivation of society.....why is he allowing such contrariety? AKA, "Did I say that" and "The Dish, too" AKA used-to-be-Advocateees????


That's just plain insane. And dumb.


But Joe's writing reminds me of my own writing when I was just a wee-freshman english major. I can't say I always needed a dictionary. If I can't think of the right word, I'll make one up. My weakness was hyper-referencing the thesaurus. The tool I needed to impress my English teacher, or so I thought. I don't like to admit it, but I was so wrapped up in finding a literary persona and getting noticed, I often mixed up adjectives and adverbs, threw in a noun when it wasn't necessary, and my papers often came back with the proverbial "C+". I have since learned to writer without the slightest hint of stealing from the grandiose styles of anyone. If anything, I just want to make sure my style is not Pisani-istic (complete, self-inflated, faux- intellectual, CRAP). I am what I am....like it or not.....my writing is mine. I don't live in a fantasy land. I'm married, faithful, and I sometimes sneak a peek, while my wife is looking LOL at my immature antics.


But, for whatever reason, the focus last week was on Joe's inept writing,his obsession with a gossip columnist, and the need to stay PUBLIC and VISIBLE deep in the throats of Greenwich. My question is WHY? If you want to donate your time, why not work the Stamford Soup Kitchen? I remember once Joe Pisani had the nerve to show up and work a Fairfield County charitable event....as if he were a daily volunteer. Did he ever handle a soup ladle? Did he ever get spit on by an emotionally challenged homeless man? No way. He was a "celebrity guest". And we were all trying to find a way to break the news gently to Joe. That he was far from celebrity status, and his presence was just plain, IN YOUR FACE, annoying.


So, just like in Poltergeist, "he'ssssssssss backkkkkkkk". Why? Who invited him? Today, I have my eye on the stock market, not eagles. I'm thinking about the election, not the latest dish from Joe's personal assistant or adopted daughter. Far be it from me to add fuel to these "relationship" speculations, which is all over Greenwich, slowly seeping north like raw sewage.


I would like to point out when I was younger, I read Joe's editorials, and thought I'd better hurry to Confession. Or, is human nature something we all struggle with, the only exception being Mr. Pisani? Or I'd better apologize to so and so, or gosh "is Joe an example of what a perfect man SHOULD BE?" I have since grown up. Slightly. If he wants to throw rocks at houses, he better not have any windows in his own house. Because people are starting their wind-up....


Almost forgot: I have a friend who has a 18 yr. old beautiful daughter who is on the verge of failing senior high school English. Does anyone have Joe Pisani's number?


signed,

GAP (we're the undecided party-except we decided on one thing- Go Away Pisani (and take baby Susie with you)


================================================================================

Please send your comments to GreenwichRoundup@gmail.com

No comments:

The Raw Greenwich Blog And RSS Feed - Bloggers Who Are From, Work In Or Used To Live In Greenwich