Hyper Local News Pages

Web Stats Provided By Google Analytics

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

07/22/08 The Greenwich Gap Is Gone But Not Forgotten


Was this sign to protect Gap president from Greenwich Avenue employees?

How do you clean your recording studio?

by Oliver Chesler

When I was starting college I worked at The Gap in Greenwich, Connecticut. For those who don’t know The Gap is a nation (world) wide clothing store and Greenwich is one of the richest towns in the United States. he president of the entire company lived in Greenwich and would come into our store. He would show up without any warning which meant our store had to be spotless at all times. My manager would actually make me take sticky tape, get on my hands and knees and use it to pull lint and dirt out of the carpet in the dressing rooms! I also spent countless hours cleaning the glass, steel racks and folding giant walls of jeans.

I guess the intense retail store boot camp has stuck with me because I like to keep my studio ultra clean. I’m on a permanent war with those dust bunnies that collect near electric wires ...

wire to the ear - http://www.wiretotheear.com

=========================================================
Please send your comments to GreenwichRoundup@gmail.com

No comments:

The Raw Greenwich Blog And RSS Feed - Bloggers Who Are From, Work In Or Used To Live In Greenwich