Hyper Local News Pages

Web Stats Provided By Google Analytics

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

04/22/08 - Reader Comments About The Typos


Spell Check Is Impotent

Hello GR,

In the "About us" section on the left hand side, in the middle where you talk about how "it is important that the residents of Greenwich to practice critical and discriminating reading It is a skill that crucial in trying to discern the realities behind all the reporting and rhetoric that is written about the village", you need a period between "reading" and "It".

Also, I believe the first "to" is not needed. I didn't read the rest of the section, but I'm guessing you will want to proofread it to ensure no other typos.


dz

********************************************

Dear dz,

The corrections have been made.

Thank you so much for the help.

I have one eye and I type by hunting and pecking on the computer keyboard.

I sincerely appreciate your help.

Brian

Editor And Chef

BTW,

Have you seen this internet classic

The following is a letter to the editor from the

Times of Trenton, July 14, 1998.

The Shortcomings Spellcheck

I would like to apply fore a job as an editor of your paper. I halve a computer, and it has spellcheck, and it wood seam that this is awl I really knead.

Aye thought at first that maybe I should caul, but then I decided it mite be better to right. I truly believe that I would be a grate editor--know matter watt--rein or shine. Eye wood make accuracy inn spelling the mane ingredient of my editorial rain. Just to prove my hart is in the rite place, I maid sure this letter was perfect--I ran it threw Spellcheck.

I really due wont this job, and I no I could bee a reel asset, butt if yew don't higher mi, I won't whale.

[signed]

Sharon Lowden

====================================

ALSO:

Spelling Poem

Eye halve a spelling chequer
It came with my pea sea
It plainly marques four my revue
Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.

Eye strike a key and type a word
And weight four it two say
Weather eye am wrong oar write
It shows me strait a weigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid
It nose bee fore two long
And eye can put the error rite
Its rare lea ever wrong.

Eye have run this poem threw it
I am shore your pleased two no

Its letter perfect awl the weigh
My chequer tolled me sew.


Please send your comments, news tips and press releases to GreenwichRoundup@gmail.com

No comments:

The Raw Greenwich Blog And RSS Feed - Bloggers Who Are From, Work In Or Used To Live In Greenwich