Hyper Local News Pages

Web Stats Provided By Google Analytics

Thursday, January 10, 2008

01/10/08 - It looks Like The Town Of Greenwich Is Backing Off It's Threat To Raid My Home And Will Let Me Call The "Greenwich Matters" Show On WGCH


It's About 45 Minutes To The Airing Of The "Greenwich Matters" Show Hosted By Sam Romeo And I Am Nervously Hoping That The Greenwich Police Department Will Not Prevent Me From Exercising My Right To Free Speech.


There Have Been Threats And They Have Even Be Delivered While I Was Talking To WGCH Reporter Dima Joseph. Dima Recorded An Interview Right After The Threats Of A Raid On My Home.


I Have Let My Wife Stay With A Friend In Port Chester This Afternoon In Case The Town Goes Through With It's Threat.


Things are looking up as I prepare to speak to Sam Romeo on Greenwich Matters.


David Cafferelli who is in the Lieutenant Governors Office was going to meet with Governor Rell's Chief Of Staff and get back to me about the problems I have been Having. Mr. Cafferelli said that he would be calling me tomorrow.


There were some folks in Byram that have said that Sam Romeo wont let you speak about the Police misconduct incident, but I don't believe that they are right.


Sure Sam is very opinionated and a very Strong and able debtor who can easily dominate a conversation. But if you listen Mr. Romeo always offers to let those that he criticized to come on his show and tell their side of the story.


I have never heard anyone willing to take up Mr. Romeo's challenge to come on his show, but you have to admit he always offers the opportunity.


The residents of Byram who do agree that Sam Romeo will allow me to speak about Police misconduct say that I will not do to well against the political debating skills of Mr. Romeo.


Sam who demands accountability in every Greenwich Governmental Department except the Greenwich Police Department will probably dominate the conversation and kick my butt, but I am not too worried because I am right about this.


This is not a matter of supporting or not supporting the Greenwich Police Department. My wife has a six year old car and it's covered with six years of Silver Shield Police Union and Greenwich Fire Department stickers. We have never turned down the Silver Shield.


I support the Police, but I also want accountability from those that I support.


Tonight, I am going to try and tell Sam about the poor police coverage Byram. The Cars That Are Constantly Broken into and vandalised in Byram, as well as, the muggings near the Mill Street Bridge. The Gang tags on the Welcome to Greenwich Byram sign and drinking from open containers in public park space.


I then want to tell Sam about all of the Police Lieutenants, Detectives and Police Officers that have been sent to my store, employers, mailbox, landlord and God only knows where else during the last two weeks.


They even enlisted the help of Brian McMahon of Port Chester to get involved in their smear campaign.


Maybe, this deployment of police officers against me is why the the vandalism that Byram routinely experiences has spread to Cos Cob, Glenville and Mianus. If officers are spending a good part of their time following and verbally attacking a Police Critic, they are not patrolling the neighborhood streets of Greenwich.


Then I want to tell him about the Town employees visiting my Landlord once again and demanding that he get me to resign from the RTM or he will be retaliated against.


I then want to tell Sam about the Big shot Republican that lives in district 11 on Clapridge Road, but checked into the Delmar Hotel the night, before the election so that he could use the Hotel as an address to run and bump a democrat of the district 2 RTM.


I will also tell Sam about the owners of Champion Fuel that sit on my RTM district 4 legislative body even though they live at Lafayette Court which is near the United Way Offices at the Top Of Greenwich Avenue. The Town website even lists 2 Lafayette Court as their official residence.


The I want to tell Sam Romeo how RTM Leaders Tom Byrne and Joan Caldwell have both said they had no problem with my taking my Legislative Seat in district 4 Byram so long as I Had Slept in Byram the night before the election.


Not only did I sleep in Byram before the night before the election. At 4 am on election morning I was sworn in as a Greenwich Election Official and served the voters of Greenwich for 18 hours that day. Moreover, the Town recently, called me in to be sworn in again to be a Greenwich Election Official for the audits of districts 5 and 7.


Further, I am scheduled to be once again sworn in February to serve as a Greenwich Election Official again.


I then want to tell Sam that I live in a residential unit that has a nonconforming use exemption. The unit is in a residential building in a residential zone of Greenwich. My tenancy is month to month and the CL&P Bill and other utility bills are addressed to Apartment 1 Front.


The former owner of the building lived in the space and operated a business long before any current zoning regulations applied to the property.


Moreover, I want to tell Sam that if there is a question about the certificate of occupancy (CO) there is nothing I ca do about it. Only the landlord can apply for or fix the CO. The tenant has no say in the buildings CO what-so-ever.


Now the Town Of Greenwich has two options.


Number one, they can arbitrarily throw me in the street and Connecticut State law says the Town must find me housing in Town and this will expose the Town Of Greenwich to a civil suit from my wife and I.


Number two, the Town can cite my Landlord and let an independent housing court judge decide if the Town is right or if my landlord is right. If my landlord is wrong then the housing court judge will come to a fair and equitable solution between my landlord and I. The judge might tell me leave in 24 hours or 24 days. Who Knows?


If the housing judge says my landlord is right, then the Town Of Greenwich would have the right to appeal the judges ruling.


Solution number two is the most fair, because it puts any decision in the hands of an independent judge in Norwalk who will not be pressured by local politics or the police department.


No one is going to be stupid enough to tell the judge if this Byram Legislator does not resign his seat, we are going to retaliate against him and his landlord.


I hope Sam will listen to all the facts surrounding this issue before he begins his arguments in support of the Greenwich Police Department not being held accountable to the public.

No comments:

The Raw Greenwich Blog And RSS Feed - Bloggers Who Are From, Work In Or Used To Live In Greenwich