Hyper Local News Pages

Web Stats Provided By Google Analytics

Monday, September 26, 2011

09/26/11 Greenwich Congressman And Cos Cob Resident Jim Himes: "I Need Your Help This Week"

Jim Himes for Congress

Dear Friends,

As you know, I have been working hard these last several months to offer a thoughtful considered voice in the cacophony of Washington. I do so because it’s the right thing to do, and because I have confidence that the pendulum will swing, and we will once again have a more pragmatic and constructive Congress.

In the meantime, I am under assault.

This week, the Republican National Campaign Committee robocalled into my district peddling the outright lie that I voted against FEMA aid for the victims of Hurricane Irene to protect Solyndra. In fact, I joined dozens of Republicans in voting against a bill that would have cut in half the Administration’s estimate of what FEMA requires to do its urgent work.

So I need your help. This Friday, I will close this campaign filing period and I want to send a clear message to the factually-challenged right wing vandals. Playing politics with people’s well-being is not what we need at this time. Help me make a strong financial showing by making a contribution to my campaign, click HERE.

This week, rather than focusing on putting Americans back to work, House Republicans pushed their ideological agenda again. It was another example of policy by hostage-taking. The aforementioned bill would destroy jobs and hold up critical disaster assistance for states and communities hit by recent natural disasters. It was defeated on the floor in strong bipartisan fashion and soundly rejected by the Senate. In the meantime, the critical work of passing a jobs agenda, of reforming education, and of stabilizing our fiscal situation once again takes a backseat. These are the priorities that will put our nation back on track.

In five days, I will need to publicly report my campaign contributions and it will help determine for local and national Republicans if they have a chance to pick up CT-4. I need your help- please click HERE and contribute to my campaign today.

Thank you for standing with me on these important issues, and for helping me swing that pendulum to a more civil and constructive Congress.

Sincerely,
Jim


No comments:

The Raw Greenwich Blog And RSS Feed - Bloggers Who Are From, Work In Or Used To Live In Greenwich