Hyper Local News Pages

Web Stats Provided By Google Analytics

Monday, March 15, 2010

03/15/10 TOPIX: Comment On, "Fallen tree kills woman in Greenwich" And Other Greenwich News Stories

Topix Greenwich
Greenwich News - March 15, 2010
Fallen tree kills woman in Greenwich (News Times)
A woman has died after she was hit by a fallen tree in backcountry Greenwich as a fierce storm ripped through the area, according to police.

Storm wreaks havoc in Greenwich (theoriginalgreenwichdiva)
A nor'easter ripped through Greenwich, Connecticut last night leaving many trees and electrical wires down. Heavy rains and winds brought down many trees and electrical wires leaving thousands of residents in the dark. Around 6:00 p.m. I was returning home from New Jersey and it took me over an hour to make what should have been a 2 minute ride from the Merritt Parkway to my home, which is in the backcountry section of town. The main road to my home, Round Hill Road, was blocked with down trees and wires, and, the alternative routes, Riversville Road, John Street and Will Merry Road were also blocked making it difficult for me to make it home. When I got to my street I was shocked and pleased that the power was still on. By the time I finally made it to my home the first damage assessment that I saw were two 20-foot trees sitting in the courtyard of my driveway. Late last night and early this morning the town used its high tech reversible emergency phone system, which automatically calls all phone numbers in Greenwich, with a message asking residents to stay indoors, for the safety of the emergency workers and residents. more....

Multitude of Greenwich candidates (The Day)
What if Connecticut held an election this November and all the major candidates were from Greenwich? It could happen.

Please send your comments, news tips and press releases to GreenwichRoundup@gmail.com

No comments:

The Raw Greenwich Blog And RSS Feed - Bloggers Who Are From, Work In Or Used To Live In Greenwich