Hyper Local News Pages

Web Stats Provided By Google Analytics

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

01/01/08 - An Opinion From Nick Fortunato Of Greenwich

Norwalk Advocate
Regarding the new voting machines used in November: A family member who had already voted phoned me and said that she didn't see any of the people on the sheet that I suggested she vote for. Having not seen the sheet yet, I said; "Impossible. How could you not see them." I told her that I hadn't voted yet, but after I did, I would call and let her know what I found out....
.....In retrospect (although a worthy cause) the Girl Scout cookie table should've been way over to the side and the voting instruction table directly in front, as voting was the main purpose of the evening. Also, the notice to turn the sheet over probably should've been much bolder with larger type. I suspect that there might've been others who were confused by the sheet having two sides. A quick study of the sheets turned in would determine if the voting on one side was just an aberration.
Nick Fortunato
Greenwich
The writer is a member of the Republican Town Committee from District 12.

No comments:

The Raw Greenwich Blog And RSS Feed - Bloggers Who Are From, Work In Or Used To Live In Greenwich